A Message from NR on COVID-19
Dear Nature’s Remedy Customers,
As we monitor COVID-19 in our communities, Governor Baker has prohibited gatherings of over 25 people as part of an Executive Order to be in effect throughout the Commonwealth from Tuesday, March 17th until Monday, April 6th. The health and safety of our customers and staff is our priority and we will maintain compliance with the Governor’s order.
Nature’s Remedy will remain open for normal business hours. During the Executive Order period, we will be modifying our sales procedures to minimize risk to employees and customers. To ensure the protection of our staff and customers and expedite your in-store experience, we strongly encourage online pre-ordering for express pick-up orders. In-store counter orders and paper menus will not be available. If you are unable to pre-order online, when you arrive at the dispensary, you may be required to wait outside until there is an open Digital Kiosk.
- If you use Leafly to pre-order as we strongly recommend, we will accept your order and send you a text message indicating your order is either ready immediately, or, we will ask you for a requested pickup time. We are going to try to spread out Leafly pickups in order to minimize wait times.
- If you do not pre-order, you will be allowed to check-in and place an order at a Digital Kiosk, so long as we have less than 25 people in the store. Once you place your order at a Kiosk, you will need to wait until it is filled and you are called over to a register to complete your transaction.
- Please be patient as we are all trying to understand and implement systems to comply with the Governor’s order, and to build practices that are as safe and practical for our customers and staff.
In addition to emphasizing online pre-ordering, we will continue to take several measures to protect and support everyone who works at or visits our dispensary, including:
- Increased frequency of cleaning and sanitizing in our dispensary
- Enforcing good hygiene of all staff members and directing staff members who are feeling unwell to not report to work
- Training staff to be extra sensitive to interactions with customers who indicate they are immunocompromised or otherwise vulnerable
- Allowing only 1 party at a time in the entry vestibule. Once we reach the 25 person capacity on the sales floor, customers will be required to wait outside or in their cars.
Thank you for your continued support. We will remain transparent and provide updates as we receive more information. Take care and we hope to see you soon! If you have questions or concerns, please email info@NaturesRemedyMA.com.